Friday, May 23, 2008

TIME TICKIN AWAY

It doesn't seem possible that a year has passed since leaving Massachusetts. When I arrived last May it was just in time for Mother's Day. Well another Mother's Day has just passed and it makes me feel so blessed to have my girls and their guys in my life. Cooper will be turning two in a couple of weeks. Danielle turning twenty seven, Owen is turning the big 30. Birthdays and Holidays mark such milestones and memories. This weekend is Memorial Day. Traditionally the start of the summer season. A Holiday that Joe and I never seem to celebrate properly. My grandmother would always buy geraniums right after Memorial Day because the price went down. She used them all around her little White Island cottage to bring bright red and pink blooms to greet visitors. I recall during one of our jaunts to Boston, with Nana Blanche in tow, we stopped to visit Grampa Joe's grave site where she placed a pot of these geraniums. Memorial Day for me will be greeting and accommodating tourists and visitors to the sea shore. Kind of like the potted geraniums of Nana Blanche's.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Annemarie: Hope you and Joe had a wonderful Memorial Day holiday weekend in Laguna. The picture of you with our grandson within 24 hours of his birth is beautiful... I know Dani was happy to see it! I enjoyed seeing the pictures of Cooper with his Mom and you/Joe... he's gtowing nicely as a toddler. Miss talking with you and hope to see you and Joe this fall if at all possible... there's always room for you at Plainfield... Rosita